Is anyone here a Unitarian Universalist?

My family recently started going to a UU church and have found it to be incredibly refreshing. I am looking to find other UU's to hear about their experiences and beliefs.

mlivlee

Asked by mlivlee at 10:28 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not, but I love UU's!
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 10:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We went once and loved it. Can't seem to get there again. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I'm trying to go to the church in our area but things keep coming up and haven't made it there yet. I talked to one of the members and it sounds like a place I might like and this is coming from someone who has an intense dislike of churches in our area.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:40 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Lol.... I agree with the dislike of church thing... I'm from RI, which is a HUGE catholic state. Needless to say, UU isn't even considered a "real religion" by most people around here!
    mlivlee

Comment by mlivlee (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I am not, but there is one about an hour from us that I am very interested in visiting. I really wish it was closer to us. I have some relatives who attend one in another state, and they love it. It's great because he's a post-theist/post-Christian and she's a Buddhist, but they both feel like the fit in there very well, and they're very lucky to have one in the same town they live in. I wish there were more of them.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:24 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My family (me, the hubby and kiddos) attend a UU congregation...I love it!
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:33 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I could technically fit in there - I'm a Christian Universalist, and I would attend a UU church if there were one around here.....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:07 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I am. We attended regularly until our recent move in April. Now the closest congregation is about 1 hour away. We have young kids so that does not really work well. We did find a group that meets twice a month about 25 minutes away. We are going to try that out, but there are no other children in the group so we will see :(
    ecmom12

Answer by ecmom12 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2011