Preventing unwanted pregnancies? adult content

Preventing unwanted pregnancies? Do you think that teaching girls to masturbate might deter them from the need to engage on sexual intercourse with random mates??? And why is it Ok to teach boys this but is wrong to teach girls????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think so. It also ha=elps prevent them from thinking sex with a boy is the only way to get that feeling....knowing they can do it themselves.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:44 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't know. I think girls have sex for different reasons than boys do. Boys are just walking hard-ons at that age. But girls seem to be looking for an emotional connection. Many of them mistakenly believe that having sex with a boy will make the boy love them. I think it would be better to educate girls about the male brain. And about masturbation, too, because I think there it too much shame attached to it.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 10:45 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think sex education and an open line of communication helps more than anything.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 10:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• ummm no...teach them about birth control, how to put on a condom, and how to go to the ob/gyn and know that it is ok and safe to talk to them.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 10:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Who the heck is teaching their kids to masturbate??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It might for some but I don't know that it would work for most. I had sex at 17 because I loved the guy I was with and I thought if i didn't have sex with him he would leave me. I realize now what a mistake that was but it had nothing to do with hormones.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• For the early teen I don't think it has anything to do with pleasure. Peer pressure and being in the wrong place at the wrong time unsupervised has more to do with it.. Girls wanting to be cool, loved, accepted plays a bigger part.

The old saying boys will be boys comes to mind so it appears more acceptable for boys to masturbate. As for girls, I think the image of it being a bad thing happens early on when moms find them "playing" with themselves and freaking out telling them it is "bad" and to not touch themselves...

I don't think girls masturbating will keep them from having sex tho, I think girls getting in trouble with pregnancy has more to do with my first statement and lack of education/communication with/from parents...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I never told my daughter she couldn't masterbate and no, I don't think it will deter kids. My daughter though is scared crapless about boys, sex, and having a baby. She's 14.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Teaching the it's ok to do, not, exact instructions.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Oh....and "teach girls to masturbate"...what the hell? Classes/ LOL. I'm sorry but that is too personal,. Boundaries! Get it?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:09 PM on May. 19, 2011