Is anyone else having serious sex drive issues? adult content

I am 10 months post pardum and my husband and I went from having sex 3-5 times per week to once every two weeks or so. I realize there are people who go for months, but it's starting to really wear us down. I basically sleep in my son's room for most of the night and when I DO end up in our bed, dh is all over me. I have NO interest and I feel guilty. I love him to death, but the chemistry is gone. All I want to do is SLEEP in my own bed. By the time he gives up (usually after an hour or so of fondling OR I give in) My son is awake again. All I can think is, "that was 2 hours that I could have been asleep without a baby attached to my boob". We've never had this problem and it's all me. I am also on zoloft, which I hear has this affect, but I had no idea it would be so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Zoloft did that to my ex I'd suggest changing meds!! but I bet your problem is simply the fact that your exhausted tell him that you need to sleep and if he can't understand that then he's a selfish ass!!!! I realize that he's your husband and you probably don't want to hear bad things about him but start waking him and make him stay up with you every time you have to care for your child wake him and have him bring him to you have him change diapers and do everything  also if you have a pump then pump so he can help with feedings so you can sleep 4 hours straight !!! if you do this pretty soon he will be just as sleep deprived as you already are but he'll stop groping you and when he goes to bed all he'll want to do is sleep which will give you a break there !!!!  tell him he needs to bond with his child!!!! good luck and get some sleep you really need it!!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 11:41 PM on May. 19, 2011

• your situaton is common. Try to see if the in laws can take the baby so you two can relax and have sex. I know it is hard to be in the mood when you know the baby is going to wake up..you know...try to get some you and him time and take it slow and go from there. Good Luck
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 10:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• its really hard to feel chemistry when you are totally exhausted... do you have anyone who could keep your little one for a Saturday... you could sleep for a few hours and hopefully wake up feeling a lot more romantic... spend some time with your hubby before you have to pick up the baby again.
    also, have you considered pumping so hubby can take over some of the night feedings?
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:49 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Are you taking Zoloft for Post PARTUM depression? That can make you lose your drive and put you in a fog.....do you really need it? I am really against taking any meds....but if you need them,then you will have to just get used to not having a sex drive,I guess. I am sorry....Good luck.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I was diagnosed with PPD 2 months after I had my son. I too, was very against meds. Unfortunately, I was physically and emotionally overwhelmed and gave in to a trial. Every other aspect of my life has improved on the Zoloft. I've learned a lot this year. I guess I know deep down it's probably just the meds, but I'm now afraid to go off of them. I was in a really bad place, somewhere I don't want to go back to. Soooo.... i will suffer (well, hubby is suffering) for a while. Like the other mamas said, it may help if I can get some much needed sleep and a day or night off. Now, if I can just get ds to take a bottle so someone else can care for him for a good stretch of time!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have that problem and it has gotten worse over the last 3 years. I am not on any meds that would decrease my sex drive. I just have a lack of interest in it. I would much rather sleep. But I think I am harboring issues that we haven't had the opportunity to discuss yet. I think that maybe we need to do that this weekend. I just need to be in a place and position where I can cry if I need to. I hope you find your much needed sleep so that you can give your hubby the very desired sex.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:47 PM on May. 19, 2011