How much debt + How soon!?

SO!! I'm SUPER excited and proud to say that with my new business I'm am going to be able to pay off ALL my debt!! YEY ME! I have accumulated about 22,000 and it's still going up because i'm attending college and the loans for what i'm going for is CRAZY! But, I was wondering how much debt you have and how soon you think you'll be able to get rid of it all?? I know it's hard to save up money specifically for it, but we've been living off one income for the last 2 years, and i'm going to be generating about 22,000 BY MYSELF in one year (yeah, 2 years paid off because we NEED to fix our home first AND get a new vehicle.. oooh the priorities :( ....... ) So, let me know how YOUR situation is!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• my husband and I were able to pay off $120K of debt (mostly school loans) in 3 years we did Dave Ramsey's planhttp://www.daveramsey.com/home/

elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:55 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It's not in credit cards and stuff, only about... 500-1000 of it MAYBE, in fact, I don't think one have them has gone into collection yet which is cool. So, i'm going to start doing regular payments on that, I check my stuff weekly just to see my progress, it's great... I pay like 36 bucks a month for identity theft, and they run credit checks on me, my hubby and my daughter all the time. So if anything funky goes on they know about it and I can check whenever I want. I tried one of those consolidation places for my credit and then a job was lost soon after we were married, so everything just kept on adding up. Yuck on that, but i'm super happy I can finally not only pay it off, but monitor the sucker!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 PM on May. 19, 2011

• okay, I lied to it's like 9.99-12 a month, but I have extra stuff added onto it to further protect me and my family. I say if it's the price of one cup of coffee a day, i'm happy with it! After all, it is my family, right?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No debt. We paid it all off in February of this year. We also used the Dave Ramsey plan!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:38 PM on May. 20, 2011