Is it safe...getting inshape?

I had a c-section a week ago today. I am feeling pretty good and want to start power walking and burning more calories. I don't have an appitite so my calorie intake is next to nothing (I have to force myself to eat). Is it safe this soon after a c-section to start getting inshape. I know what my OB's reply will be if I was to ask him, but I feel they tell you that you can't this early to save their butts if something were to happen.

sondamom0828

Asked by sondamom0828 at 10:54 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• I tried to do too much after my C section and my incision opened up! Be careful!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:57 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No way
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 11:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would not push the exercise at all. You do not want to open your incision or end up with an infection. There is plenty of time for that, and a week or two delay won't set you back too bad.

I have also always had the drop off in appetite after childbirth, so don't worry too much about that part.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You could really mess up. And not be able to work out for a long while. Be smart.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:24 PM on May. 19, 2011

• NOT smart... is your incision completely healed... all the way down to your uterus??? Remember you were cut open thru your abdominal muscles... all the way thru... tissue healing that deep takes time... LISTEN TO YOUR DOC!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:34 PM on May. 19, 2011