Am I better than you?

A neighbor who is a teacher (substitute) keeps constantly reminding me things like what toddlers should eat, what things should buy, what books, what toys, what mom should say and what mom shouldn't say to the child, It just bothers me that she assumes since I don't have a background of early child hood that she thinks that she is better mother than the rest of us. Is she really better than us???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I bet the people who write the text books on rearing a child probably didn't have children. They are each different and unique individuals. the same things will not always work on different children.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:15 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Nope. Each person has their own unique style of parenting, because each child is unique. And what might apply to one child might not to another.

I would tell her to stick her advice up her rump, and if you want it, you'll ask for it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:09 PM on May. 19, 2011

• OMG!!! Your neighbor must be my MIL!!!! She is a preschool teacher and she thinks that qualifies her to tell me in GREAT detail EXACTLY how I should be raising my daughter....I mean the woman sends her home with HOMEWORK!!!!!! It's freaking nuts! From someone going through the exact same thing I offer you my DEEPEST sympathies
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:09 PM on May. 19, 2011

• PPs I feel much better. Thank you for your comments.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:11 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I was a pre-k teacher and took a lot of those classes and it doesn't make me a better parent then anyone else. Sometimes my SIL asks questions but I never offer advice without being asked. Thats just rude. Sometimes people just need to feel like they are better. Just ignore and move on =)
    liv4myboys

Answer by liv4myboys at 11:13 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Those who can do, those who can't teach lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:55 PM on May. 20, 2011