Emotional Affair??

Ok so I have an ex with whom I've always been friends with, even before we were dating, and I would talk to him once in a blue moon. We've started talking more frequently and started realizing that we still might have unresolved feelings for each other. Our marriages (both involving children) are making us unhappy and we both feel like we are no longer in love with our partners. We've tried the whole "closure" thing, but for some reason we can't let each other go. Does this mean that I should let go of what I have and pursue him?? Should I bide my time until I can't any longer?? Should I forget the ex and stay with my DH?? I'm pretty torn between the two.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I would stop talking to your ex, find a good marriage counselor and figure out your marriage. You need to be in your marriage 100% to give it a real chance at working. In the future if you find that your marriage is not salvageable, divorce and then be single for a while. If you are meant to be with your ex, he will magically appear in your life when you are really ready for him and him for you. It's just my opinion. Dance with the man who brought you.

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I think youre just unhappy in your marriage and going to someone you feel might offer something different or an escape from dealing with the problems you have in your marriage. You need to stop talking to him or atleast explain to him you are going to try and make this work with your husband who you took vows with and had children with. I would seek out a marriage counselor as the previous poster suggested, but first I would go see one individually. You also need to sit down with your husband and make a list, and talk to him about whats bothering you. That way you can both address things together. Remember being married isnt always exciting, butterflies and rainbows, its work. And its up to you to find ways to fall in love over and over again with the same man.

Answer by gemgem at 7:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Re-think the reason why the ex is "the EX"!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• The others are 100% correct..........Remember why the ex is the ex, take care of whats going in your life now. Its not fair to yourself, your husband or your kids.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2008