Mirena? Yes or No?

After I have my DD. Im getting BC for a while..I want Mirena. Ive heard good and bad about it. Now I am unsure. If not Mirena what are some other good BCs I could try? I kno I wouldnt remember the pill..Thats y I thought of Mirena in the first place. Any advice? I kno i dont want the depo shot either. Does any1 kno about Implanon?

Heather021287

Asked by Heather021287 at 11:17 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes i have one now make sure if its what you get make sure its a plastic one and not copper cause my mother in law had a copper one and it gave her a tumor on her pelvic but it won't kill you it just hurts , and with my mirena it works miracles no sooner than you get it put in its active you don't have to use protection but we all know the only way to prevent (std) and i have no more periods ! thank god ! :) and the only thing i know bad about it is IF you was to get pregnant which is highly impossible them most likely when they go to take it out you will more than likely have a miscarriage but other than that i would recommend it 100%
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 11:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You won't have a miscarriage if you get pregnant after you take it out.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:10 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My aunt uses depo and she said thats what i should get. I have a friend who is on depo and she gained so much weight. A lot of girls i kno have gained weight from depo. Im already a bigger girl i dont want extra weight!
    Heather021287

Comment by Heather021287 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on May. 20, 2011

• You have to find what's right for you. Not all people react the same to everything. You might not gain weight. You might gain weight from the pill while others don't. You might bleed the entire time you're on the shot while others have no period at all. You never know. And what's more important, not gaining weight or not getting pregnant before you're ready? Priorities.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 5:48 PM on May. 20, 2011

• and another thing i forgot too add is DO NOT I REPET DO NOT GET DEPO SHOTS CAUSE MY SIL GOT IT FOR 2 YEARS AND SHE CAN'T HAVE NO MORE BABIES AND SHE ONLY HAS ONE GIRL AND THEY WANT ANOTHER ONE AND CAN'T HAVE NONE
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 11:30 PM on May. 19, 2011