Will my belly button ring close up if i take it out?

i have had my belly button pierced for 10 years and im now 7 months pregnant with my 3rd baby and was wondering if i take my belly button ring out now will it close up? its getting really sore and i want to take it out but i also want to be able to put it back in. has anyone had the same problem?

nicole_1996

Asked by nicole_1996 at 11:26 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no it wont dont worry. ive had mine out for 2 yrs and i can still poke one thru if i wanted
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:30 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Mine wouldn't go back in if I tried.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:40 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I had mine for about 7 years I took it out when i got pregnant and tried to put it back in not even a month later and it was already closed.
    I did find out after i took mine out that they make maternity ones that are flexible
    http://www.maternitypiercings.com/mp14g.htm
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:05 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Mine never did. If it's been in long enough you should be fine. It might get tight, but it probably won't close completely. Or you could get pregnancy jewelry.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:06 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I took mine out when i was about 7 months pregant and i just kept trying to put iot back in peridocailly as long as i could and right after i hda my son i put it back in. It shouldnt close up though.
    lucasmommy519

Answer by lucasmommy519 at 7:23 AM on May. 20, 2011

• There are flexible peices you can get for that purpose - not sure where you'd buy them, but I've seen them - they're made for pregnant women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 20, 2011