Buying Food and then selling it??

I recently overheard someone talking about buying food and then selling it for money?! I can't imagine what food could be purchased and then sold for a profit? Unless this person had foodstamps, but even then, who would want to buy food from a person and not the store? Anyone ever heard of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Yeah, I've known people who use their foodstamps this way. It's sad, because their kids usually go without proper nutrition, but oddly enough they can easily find people who will buy the stuff to save money on their own groceries. I've even seen people send a grocery list with the food stamp recieprient with an agreement to pay 50% cash value for the groceries or something like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• never done that and never will we need the food more then the money... i recieve food stamps and i buy bulk but never sell my food.. i am just prepareing for worst times....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Ok when I was a single mom and did not get child support because he quit his job, I was having a very tough time making ends meet. We recieved foodstamps. But I worked two jobs just to make the house payment and foodstamps wont buy laundry soap, toothpaste, tampons or tp, so I would go to the store with my girlfriend and buy her milk, bread, eggs soforth and she would by the non food items me and my children needed. But I never did it for profit and never to buy things like beer or cigarettes or stuff a lot of people do this for.
    Anonymous

• oh the innocence in this question. yes people do these things and worse bizar/ weird things to make a quick buck or save the dollars they have.
    Anonymous