Christmas Gift Ideas

So here I am at 6:30am up all night trying to find ideas to make homemade gifts for my kids. It's been annoying mostly. I can not seem to find anything to make for my DS.. sad day.. He's 8 months old. My DD is 2 1/2 yrs old.. So if any of you wonderful mothers out there have any ideas of what I could make for them for Christmas I would be so happy.. Thank you..

Lovingmomma2

Asked by Lovingmomma2 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Holidays

• Try this website they have a ton of ideas
    http://frugalliving.about.com/od/christmas/tp/Homemade_Gifts_for_Kids.htm
    You can also look at stores like dollar general or the dollar tree. Sometimes they have toys you can give that wouldnt cost but a dollar. I have had to do that when I was broke and my kids were little. The best part? They dont really remember christmas until they are around 3 and 4.

Answer by gemgem at 7:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• For the little one, use washed baby food jars and add some dry beans or rice then glue the lid back on to make a homemade rattle...... Use old or stained up clothes to make a quilt.......Make a little sign for his room with his name on it......make a homemade mobile out of cardboard backed family pictures to hang above the changing table.....I've got more ideas, let me know if you need them. Hope this helps.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I take it you can't sew or knit or anything, otherwise this wouldn't be as difficult (don't worry, I can't knit or sew or anything either LOL)

For the 2 1/2 year old this may work - Buy a bunch of different colored felt pieces (they come in rectangles in the arts and crafts sections and they are like 20 cents a piece - not expensive!) and save two or three white ones as background pieces (you can glue a few to cardboard if you want harder backing, and then cut the rest into shapes so she can use it to make pictures. Granted, shes only 2, so maybe it's not the greatest idea, but worth a shot.

You could also use the felt and socks, and other materials to make homemade puppets.

oh, they do have a non-sewing blanket you can make (just remembered) : http://www.ehow.com/video_4432805_picking-fabric-tie-blankets.html
    (this will be good for both kids!)

Anonymous

• Make a no sew fleece blanket. They are so easy to make. I made my baby one and she loves it.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Here's an idea for your 2 yr old:

Make a fleece scarf - no-sew. get a length of colorful fleece, then at either end, snip some small slits. cut strips of a coordinating fleece and run one through each slit, then tie in a knot to make a cute "fringe" at the ends of the scarf. This is also a great craft to do with preschoolers and grade school kids.

Play Quick Count Football...the fast-paced family card game!
    www.QuickCountFootball.com
    Only $7.99 | Ages 7 and Up | 2-4 Players
    2008 Winner Dr Toy's Best Picks - New Products
    2008 Winner Preferred Choice Award - Creative Child magazine
    2008 Holiday Gift Guide - Atlanta Parent magazine
    BoysRfun3

Answer by BoysRfun3 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2008