How to get my 2 year old potty trained?

alliep2011

Asked by alliep2011 at 11:44 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well #1 don't punish if he/ or she has an accident, see if he/ or she she even interested in sitting on the potty, give stickers, hugs & high fives if he/she goes potty.. are they ready for pottytrianing: can tell you when he/she is wet, can pull pants up & down by his or herself
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:06 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I'm having the same question here. I have two daughters, a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old. My 3 yr old know how to use the bathroon since last summer. It's funny because I can not remember excatly how it worked bc it went by so fast. She learned really quick. And I think it was because when I used the bathroom, I would bring her with me and make her see what I was doing. And I also did the sticker reward. I think that it's important to ask everyday if the child is peeing or doo-dooing. That way she/he knows what it is. The thing about this is being consistent. You have to do it everyday. I also a few times woke her up out of her sleep in the am and placed her on the potty and turn the water on and hoped she would pee. Sometimes it works. it actually helped her understand the concept a little. It is a start. I have to this task myself ...it is hard but you can do it.
    MaiMil

Answer by MaiMil at 6:35 PM on May. 20, 2011