When do you take a pregnancy test...?!

I hope someone can help me!
I don't have periods, at all. When I found out I was pregnant with my son, I had NO period for more than 2 years. With my second child, I had no periods for over a year. When I do have a period, it's straight after birth, and it's once every two months. I have a period maybe 3-4 times, and then nothing at all.

So, my question is. WHEN do you exactly take a pregnancy test after the day you had sex?

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 11:46 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would just take a test once a month if thats the case
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I'd wait until my period was late, but that's if it's regular. Given that is not the case for you, well, ovulation happens about 2 weeks before your period, so if you get pregnant (that would be when you're ovulatiing, whether or not you expect a period) the test would be positive about 2 weeks later. So two weeks after you have sex, the test would show positive if that sex made you concieve. See what I mean? The test will not be positive straight away - the human gonadatrophic hormone levels have to be high enough to detect in your pee. That takes about 2 weeks (maybe even a little longer).
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:51 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have PCOS, so I rarely have periods myself, so I would test about once a month just to be on the safe side.
    BeulahBuford

Answer by BeulahBuford at 11:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I'd take one once a month too. Or if you have a hunch you might be--take a test!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:53 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Three weeks. Assuming you ovulated allow a week for the egg to travel the tube, a week for it to implant, and a week for enough HCG to build up in your body. By the next week a woman would typically be waiting for her cycle. it may take another few days b4 you get a positive. For women like you i suggest paying attention to the typical symptoms. If you experience any unusual nausea, breast tenderness, excessive sleepiness, etc . then test. Especially if the symptoms persist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:20 AM on May. 20, 2011