"Your just pregnant"

I am so aggravated... my DH doesn't get I am not just pregnant... he doesn't realize all the things that are going on with me... this is my second child but his first and it has been so hard so far... I try not to be super needy... basically he is being a spoiled brat... I can't get any special treatment from him at all... hell he doesn't seem to think about anyone but himself... I have a headache so I want the light off... but no... I am hot but he wants the air off...insignificant to him but a world of difference to me... I have been getting sick constantly but he just doesn't seem to think it is a big deal... is it too much to ask for a little bit of tlc?... after all I am having his baby... I feel on my own... I don't know how to talk to him about it... I don't know how to get through to him I am not "just pregnant"... what would you do?...

AyamiLove

Asked by AyamiLove at 12:02 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Smack him upside his head and call him an idiot? Oh wait, that would be going on in my head. Hmmm, see if your doctor has one of those pregnancy pouch thingys, ya know, the ones you see guys in those TV shows wearing because they made fun of their pregnant wife, so now they get to see what its like? Drag his rump to a dr's appt and have the dr explain that your body is going through so many changes?

I'm afraid he just won't get it unless he puts your shoes on :/ And that's pretty much not possible. Some guys, however, do "get it."
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:11 AM on May. 20, 2011

• i agree with hopeandglory53
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:52 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I would say "well, you're just an asshole."
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:06 AM on May. 20, 2011

• That is pretty screwed up. He should be worshiping the ground his pregnant goddess of a wife walks on. Maybe when he sees the pain you go thru in labor it will "click" and "become real" to him.

My man was sweet to be when I was pregnant but it told the pain and agony of labor to really get him in gear. :)
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 3:53 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I meant to say "it took the pain..."
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 3:54 AM on May. 20, 2011

• There is nothing you can do...some men just dont get it nor do they care even if they do...he turns the light on you turn it off...he turns the air off you turn it back on...go pregnant bitch on him...or start bawling your eyes out...that alwasy worked for me...lol...idk...good luck
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:05 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Tell him this" If we are going to raise this baby together successfully we have to be a team and right now I feel like we're not a team I feel like it's always all about you. I need your support through this difficult time and I need to be as comfortable as possible so I have a easy pregnancy and delivery. If you really cared about this child you would take care of the women who is taking care of it and helping it grow for nine months." Or just tell him "You're an asshole and you need a reality check. Guess what the world doesn't revolve around you. Right now the world revolves around me"
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 10:20 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Did he act like this before you got pregnant? I'm guessing so, in which case you can't change him.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:23 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Thanks for the advice... it makes me feel better... I am gonna try some of your suggestions and see how it goes... I just hope things change... I want a happy pregnancy... he has been a great husband and a great father to my 3 year old... so I don't know what his problem is...
    AyamiLove

Comment by AyamiLove (original poster) at 2:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• TLC...hmm.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:08 PM on May. 20, 2011