Tonsils and adnoids removed in a 2 year old.

Have you has a child have them removed? His tonsil are very large and he is having a hard time swolling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Health

• I haven't heard of a child that young having them removed, and I know they're not doing them as routinely as they used to. I had mine out at about age 7 or 8 and it helped me a LOT with the tonsilitis I always had.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:17 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I personally don't have experience with this, but my cousin's 3 yr.old (4 in June) is having this problem with the enlarged tonsils, and her Dr.s are wanting to remove hers pretty soon. I would be a ball of nerves if it was my child!!!!
    BeulahBuford

Answer by BeulahBuford at 1:30 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My oldest had hers taken out a 2years, 8months of age. My 3rd had hers taken out just before her 4th birthday. I do not regret having it done, it was beneficial to their health in more ways than one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My sister had hers removed at 5 and my daughter at 8 or 9. I think 2 is very young.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 7:59 PM on May. 20, 2011

• justme782- It needs to happen because he can't breath and they are so large he is choking on his food. But thanks for your input.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on May. 20, 2011