Are there any safety devices for stair banisters

not the traditional open ones mine is a wall and tonight I saw both my kids leaning over it and could have easily fallen over. They are 2 and 3 and it never crossed my mind they would think to hong over the edge of the banister, but now I know differently as my heart damn near pounds out of my chest. Now I scared the fear of God into them after seeing them do that, but as with all things you tell a child no and they are just gunna find a sneakier way to do it. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe some sort of gate? Depending on how large the area is... My sil put up a net looking thing for theirs.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:26 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I used to babysit for a family that got a huge sheet of clear plexiglass that covered their upstairs banister from the rail all the way to the floor, so the kids could still hang over when they got big enough I guess, but by the time they were tall enough they were old enough to know better. (they couldn't reach the top because the plexiglass prevented them from getting a foothold to boost themselves up)

Answer by missanc at 9:26 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Making one is prolly your best bet. Netting or plexiglass.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:07 AM on May. 21, 2011