Will my daughter get sick is exposed again or is it too late already?

My mom babysat my 2 year old yesterday for a few hours and is supposed to do the same today. When I got home yesterday she told me she was coming down with something that felt like bronchitis. I dont want her to babysit today and expose it to my daughter, but she said it wont make a difference because if she was going to catch it then she has already been exposed yesterday so today wont make a difference. True and its too late or should I just tell her nevermind?

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Health

• bronchitis usually begins with a cough or virus like that and it goes untreated and turns into bronchitis, unless the child has asthma or something to begin with. If your home is clean, you wash your hands often, use purell etc then odds are she might not have caught it. Also if you breastfed her immune system would be better then a baby who wasnt breastfed. I would tell mom never mind bc shes already been exposed to it and may not have caught it and you dont want to risk it.

Answer by gemgem at 8:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Tell her nevermind, there's a good chance that she could have passed it to your daughter but there's also a chance that she didn't and could today, it's always better to be on the safe side.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 8:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2008