Brother or Sister...

My 3 year old DD says sister... most of the time... how did your child take the new arrival?...

AyamiLove

Asked by AyamiLove at 12:13 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is 3 and she LOVEs the idea of helping me with the baby. Shes a proud big sister
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 12:49 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My son wanted a brother but we just found out were expecting a little Girl!!!! He was a little disappointed at first but we have told him how he's the big brother and he will get to teach her things and protect her from bullies. He seams to like the big brother role a lot more now. He is making list of things he needs to show her and can't wait to walk her to school. Were not expecting her till July so we will have to see how it gos. fingers crosses :)
    Ashleycash

Answer by Ashleycash at 12:17 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My nephew insisted his mom was having twins so he would get both. lol. Once they took him to an ultrasound to prove to him that there was only one baby, he changed his tune to "It's my baby." lol. He doesn't care which it is but he insists it's his baby. He'll even sing to his mommy's belly.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 3:32 PM on May. 20, 2011

• my oldest was excited from the start because we involved him in everything and when his brother came home from the hospital we made sure that he knew that he was still special but we were going to be busy at first with the new baby but there were things he could do to help us--like bringing the bottle to us, bringing us a new diaper, wipes, etc and he loved it because he was "helping" with the new baby; so overall when the new arrival came home my oldest was prepared and embraced the idea with greatness
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:25 PM on May. 21, 2011