I was going through some old papers a couple of weeks ago......

I found a paper where my Grandmother and Grandfather got married. It said that they were both 21. But, I know for a fact that my Grandmother was two years older than him when they were married. This was back in 1927. Does anybody else have family records and the ages when they were married wasn't right? Of course, I realize that this is back in the old days before records were probably even started.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• They kept records in the 19th century. I found some details about my great grandparents online. Try Googling them...its fun!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:38 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Marriage, death and birth records have been kept in many countries for centuries...
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 12:40 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I wonder why they would have fudged her age? History is fun :)
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 1:32 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I went to an archive trying to research my family history once. All I can say is... what a mess! Lol. Especially when you're dealing with hand-written records where the writing isn't clear. My grandmother had 10 siblings, and their names weren't spelled remotely right. "Hazel" turned into "Mozel" along the line. Finding my family was an experience.
    dream-catcher

Answer by dream-catcher at 4:30 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My Papa who is now 97 was one of 12 children. The county court house that held records in 1913 burned down at some point. He is not sure if his birthday is Nov 12th or Jun something or other...we just always celebrate it in Nov.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:52 PM on May. 20, 2011