I found out some news

About my grandparents who were married for over 60 years. I found out that my grandpa had an affair for some time and my grandma never left him because she was a stay at home wife and had no career abilities. This has devestated me. My grandparents are dead but they were my role models. How could my grandpa do that?!

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 12:58 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• ouch, i figured out the same thing- except my grandparents are still alive. i was about 21 when i found out the truth, that my grandfather had multiple affairs...and that the reason my gma is broke now is because in their prenupt it said he'll only give her alimony if she never remarries, and she did (and divorced)...anyway, it's tough when your idealogy of someone is shattered, but it is what it is- and just reminded me that everyone is human.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:53 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Who gave you this information? I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it was my family I would take it with a grain of salt. Besides, no one really knows what goes on in other people's marriages.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 1:06 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Apparently it was common knowledge to everyone but me.
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 1:08 AM on May. 20, 2011

• We are all humans and make mistakes - I am sure your grandma had forgiven your grandpa along time ago - maybe you should too.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 1:35 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I found out a while ago about my grandpa having affairs. My grandma was for it as long as he followed her rules. She was unable to have children and after she found that out no longer wanted to have sex with him. She still loved him just hated sex. I was kind of hurt but in the end if you watched them you saw a couple that loved each other and worship the ground they walked on. They just handled the bedroom in a different way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My goodness, it happens all the time with people of all races, cultures, socio-economical groups. It is actually expected and accepted in many cultures. Men are not naturally monogamous. Just remember all the great things he did. One thing that you don't agree with shouldn't ruin your memories of them. It probably bothers you more than it did her. She accepted it as a way of life. Let it go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on May. 20, 2011