Work at home business NOT job! (not for the advertising people,.. just a question for everyone ELSE!!)

I have looked into a lot of different things and a lot of you ladies have said HEY PICK ME!!! I am so SICK of people money grubbing so THEY can get their business commission! So, I have a question for those woman that DON'T advertise or are looking as well.

I have been approached with many different ones.. Four Point Mom (AkA Melaluca..) CEOMoms, Mary Kay, Avon... (and I'm not into direct sales, i've done avon and Mary Kay before, too expensive OR .. thank you avon.. don't back up their orders like they say they do)...

I have found one that is backed up and I have done all of the research on it and it really is legit... but, the cost to start up is a little more than the others.. I'm not trying to knock anything right now. I am just wondering if you would choose the one that cost a little more and actually had the rating and the back up (and they've been around waaaaay longer than the other company's, so they're not going to fail), or if you would go with the cheaper one that really has no rating and back up, but have still been around for a little while? They work on the same principles of pay I guess and they both work.

I need help in choosing. and no, i'm not going to say which company because i'm really not bashing and I don't want these people to be on the defensive end. But, if you're wondering what i did the full research on message me and i'll tell you where to go to get the same video I did to research from.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I agree. I also am in a business that has services. It has helped me with my debt, identity theft, (I haven't needed the legal services yet), also I get a discount on all my perscriptions, just got my certificate for my free yearly vacation, and when I shop online, i get cash back. This is the best business that I have found and also being able to use the services and help others to save, protect and grow their money with a tax free retirement plan is something I can be confident about! As long as you have confidence in your company and services (or products) and belief, you will grow your business to any level you wish to achieve. Good luck with it.
    RMott

Answer by RMott at 11:00 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I would go with the one that you feel passionate about and you want to do... If others are having success that is a good sign. the timing is bitter/sweet. With a company that has been around for awhile you may have a harder time finding biz parnters and customers and the other it would be nice to see a rating you can do reviews and also look at ripoffreport.com they are great but some people get on there and just rant as well....

I hope this helps some but in the end you need to do what you feel is best and what you want to do.
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 2:07 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I would go with one that is product based. Meaning, sell a product you love as well as others...AND one you think will do well in this economny. Also, the parties need to be fun...it's alot easier to get bookings from a party that was a blast than one that was long and boring.

Yes, customer service is huge too. Make sure the company stands behind not only the product, but the consultant too. In any event though, if the investment isn't too much then what do you have to lose?? It may be worth a shot.
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 5:07 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I would go with a product that has made an impact on you and that is consumable. I would look at a compensation plan that has unlimited income potential and one where you can leverage your time. Products that are in line with current timings and trends is really important. Finally, the cost of the initial investment is strictly that. Don't let that stop you. Imagine if you were buying a franchise and how much that would cost. However I would stay away from the ones that say you must buy personally X amount of dollars. Monthy sales number are one thing, but automatically shipping things that you do not need are a complete waste of money. Good luck and best wishes
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:53 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Well it depends on you and your preference. ANY business, including direct sales, can be profitable, it's a matter of how you market it and brand YOURSELF. You can make a smaller unknown company work and you can make an established one work. Which do you you feel has the product line you can use personally, have results with, and happily show those results and get people excited about them enough to buy or to try selling themselves.

Whichever you choose, branding yourself is a key to success these days. Use the products, make a blog or video blog about your results, how it's bettered your life, but don't just talk about those products, talk about you, make recommendations on other things, gain trust and an audience, if you just look like just a sales pitch and nothing else you won't have interest for long if ever.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:45 AM on May. 20, 2011

• What are the 2 business's? Honestly, I'd probably do neither because I hate trying to sell that stuff to my family members and friends. I love some of the products, I order from Scentsy and Mia Bella often, I've also ordered stuff from some of the home decor ones and even Avon.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 11:05 AM on May. 20, 2011

• You have some great answers to review here. However, you must find a product (or service) that you absolutely love so that you can more easily "Sell it". It does you no good if you are trying to sell something you will not use yourself. Besides, learning about the company, examining the start up costs, and the compensation package, your next step is to learn what the training involves. HOw closely will you be working with your sponsor? How will training happen- online, in meetings, close by, in another state? What do they entail? Finally, examine your own attitude. If you start with an expectation of success and " I will do whatever it takes to succeed" then you are more apt to succeed.
    Rota

Answer by Rota at 3:32 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Well, they pretty much do everything the same. I want a service.. i'm not good with direct sales or parties.. I think the one with the legal service suites me best, I have custody issues, credit issues, harassment issues and so on.. so I fig, they will take care of that and i'll be able to tell people what they did for me.. Anyone else feel like that is a good plan?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 PM on May. 20, 2011