He's a little grumpy!

I started a business from home and doing super well with it (you know, the kind of money that 2 people bring in.. but it's only my paycheck). But, lately my hubby has gotten a little more irritable. I took this on to help out with the bills and everything, but I don't think he likes it. Maybe he feels like i SHOULDN'T be doing this? I don't "work" when he's home and he has all of my attention when he's home (of course DD does too..). I don't understand, but I wish he would just stop. I want to share that responsibility. Besides, we have bills, fixings and debt to pay (like EVERYONE.. right?), and his income alone isn't going to complete that in the time frame that we hope for.

Is there any thing you wonderful people have to say that might help? I want him to still feel "empowered" lol, but I want to help him. After all, we ARE married and in a partnership, that's how "I" feel anyway.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 1:21 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• He could be a little jealous or feeling insecure? Some men feel they have to be the "superior" one when it comes to providing for their family....just a thought....
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 1:34 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes.. I figured that, I just want him to calm down, and i'm not sure if I can do anything about it.. other than stop making money.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 1:35 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't have any advice for you. I wish I could help. I haven't found myself in that situation (DH has usually made more money than me). DH does get irritable about my pursuit of higher education, though, and I just try to make it clear that I don't think he's less intelligent than I am.

On a related note, how can I make the kind of money two people make while still at home with my children? :)
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 8:26 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I would think he would be glad that you are contributing to your money goals. Paying down debt is HUGE! Maybe there is something about the business he doesn't like? I would try to have a conversation about how the way he is acting is making you feel to see if he'll be willing to talk about what is really bothering him. I have found that sometimes the grumpy-ness isn't because of anything I'm doing but something else entirely. How are things going for him at work? And maybe have your talk in a neutral place, like at dinner or something?
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 10:00 AM on May. 20, 2011

• (you know, the kind of money that 2 people bring in.. but it's only my paycheck)

Sounds to me like you are bragging. Maybe your husbands knows how you really feel about ALL THE MONEY YOUR ARE BRINGING IN.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:20 PM on May. 20, 2011

• that was my way of actually explaining how much I have in comparison, I have NEVER said anything like that to my DH. Like I said it's a partnership and I personally wouldn't mind if he wanted to stay home and help me manage it and get a number specifically for HIM. But, he says no. my income has over ridden his and he has worked so hard to support our family so far, why not want to return the favor?
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on May. 20, 2011