MY DAUGTHER IS A YEAR N 5 MONTHS BUT DOSENT REALLY TALK THAT MUCH N I WANT TO START POTTIE TRANING HER BUT DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD JUST WAIT

87LAQUEEN

Asked by 87LAQUEEN at 1:27 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait. Potty training is SO much easier when your child is 2 or more, as her control of her body functions is better, her communication skills are better, and she has a keener awareness of the subtle social do's and don'ts that come to be associated with toileting. I struggled to train my first son when he was about 18 months old and it was frustrating and stressful for both of us. With my later kids, I waited until they were ready (telling me they were ready) and training was/is a breeze!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:51 AM on May. 20, 2011

• THANKS THTS USEFUL MY BOYS WERE DIFFERENT FROM POTTIE TRAINING IT WAS SO EASY THEY WERE OUT OF DIAPERS AT 1 BUT THIS LIL GIRL IS SO DIFFERENT AND ALOT HARDER I JUST WANT HER OUT OF DIAPERS
    87LAQUEEN

Comment by 87LAQUEEN (original poster) at 2:02 AM on May. 20, 2011

• at one? wow must be nice, lol. anyways, most kids aren't ready until 2-3 years old.. and if they can't communicate that they have to go, they aren't ready.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:36 AM on May. 20, 2011

• All of mine were between 2 and 2 1/2 before I started. Just wait a little bit longer.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 7:10 AM on May. 20, 2011