WHAT DO U DO WHEN UR CHILD DONT TALK THT MUCH WHT R OTHER WAYS TO UNDER STAND IF THEY OT TO GO

87LAQUEEN

Asked by 87LAQUEEN at 1:57 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I saw your question. My kids didn't talk other than grunts and pointing till they were 2 or older. I thought they were a little delayed, but they were otherwise ok developmentally. My niece has been a chatterbox since 18 months. Every lil one is different. When did your others start talking?
    insomnia

Answer by insomnia at 2:09 AM on May. 20, 2011

• HUH??
    Are you trying to potty train? It's hard to decipher your question.
    DS does a dance when he has to go, and behaves in certain ways. We can tell when he needs to go before he actually says anything. He eventually does say something, but we usually encourage him toward the bathroom before he says something.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:10 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My son didn't talk until he was 3, Sign Language was a lifesaver. I made a list of the most important words and got a book from the library and learned them. We did learn more and more, but in the beginning it was yes, no, hungry, thirst, tired, pain, happy, sad, angry, play, and toilet. Those 11 signs cut our daily stress by 75%.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 2:24 AM on May. 20, 2011

• if they can't communicate potty, they aren't ready for potty training yet and you'll just end up spending months trying to get your child to go with no success.. it's best to wait until they are ready and can tell you they have to go. typically between 2-3 years old.. sometimes3-4 with boys. if you wait, potty training can be done is as few as 3 days time (like my dd was).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:25 AM on May. 20, 2011

• yeah confused about what your talking about, potty training?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:00 AM on May. 20, 2011

• well if your child is having problems with communication i'm not surprised, since your question is nearly incomprehensible.  Children learn by example

nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 6:51 AM on May. 20, 2011

• We would be able to help you more if we could understand the question, sorry.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 7:08 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My daughter still can't really talk and she's almost two. She says a little but mostly points and jibbers. She had tubes put in her ear not to long ago and that's helped. She also needs her tongue clipped a little, it's called tongue tied, and that delays speech. Mabye get that checked out by a doctor. As for potty training, which is what I think you question is about, I got her a little potty when she started walking. I knew she wasn't ready then but I wanted her to get use to it. She will come in with me and sit down sometime with her pull up on sometimes she tugs them and wants them off but like I said it's just to get use to it. What I did to explain what she's supposed to do on it is take her in the bathroom to look at her potty and I would tap on her pull up and say you do this in there and then tap on her potty so now whenever she thinks she needs to go she comes and gets me and taps on her pull up and drags me to the
    AshleyBolton89

Answer by AshleyBolton89 at 11:20 AM on May. 20, 2011

• me to the bathroom even if she doesn't go or already has it ok cause she's learning. Sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesn't but she's getting the concept so I think she'll be easy. My son wasn't though. He wasn't fully potty trained till he was almost 4.

Sorry My answer wouldn't fit on one post. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
    AshleyBolton89

Answer by AshleyBolton89 at 11:23 AM on May. 20, 2011