How to wear these dresses?

I have decided that I'm not going to wear jeans anymore. Lots of reasons, mostly something seems to be wrong with my stomach that makes it painful to wear jeans, even if they fit my legs. But anyway. So yesterday I just went out and got a few dresses and a pair of oxford lace-ups with a little heel. One dress is a bubble dress, grey. I got black tights for that one, but will it make it too formal? Also I got a dark navy blue dress and the black tights make it kind of blend all together which probably doesn't look good, what color tights would work there? (No "work" pantyhose)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I wear skirts and dresses and always get different colors of tights. You can get fun ones as well. I would also look into some demin dresses they are easy to wear, and you can mix them up with diff color tights. Boots are also pretty good to wear in the winter ecspecially. I like old navy they have alot to pick from and also Kohls if you have one nearby.

Answer by gemgem at 9:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You got great basic colors to work with, the possibilities are endless. If either of the dresses are short sleeved (or sleeves can be rolled up) you can add a thermal (plain or printed) to dress them down...

Leggings and tights with prints and textures are wonderful and can dress anything up or down. Free People has some super cute tights.

http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/productID/94b28bea-defd-487b-8571-2727781e9916/cmCategoryID/683d4023-53f5-4900-b5ce-ecf465df31a9

I love these... and if you're brave...

http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/productID/2e60a4fa-f0e6-488f-af70-92e735979298/cmCategoryID/683d4023-53f5-4900-b5ce-ecf465df31a9

You can also pair these with a variety of shoes to tone down the dressy factor. Ugg boots, leather tall boots,
    MercyBoo

Answer by MercyBoo at 11:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Sorry, just wanted to add also that Free People has the BEST dresses I have run across. They are on the expensive side, but if you can catch the one you want on sale it's so worth it. They can be paired with anything and are so detailed. I don't want to sound like a FP advertisement, but I am in LOVE with this brand. :-) I have bought several dresses from them lately and love them, and you're right, much more comfortable than jeans!
    MercyBoo

Answer by MercyBoo at 11:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I have to agree with you on Free People. Their clothing is extremely comfortable and worth every penny!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 4:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2008