She won't sleep anymore

So my ten month old daughter just stopped sleeping at night. She was doing just fine (sleeping 10 hours a night straight through) until about 4 days ago, when she started getting up at like 1 or 2 am and staying up until 4 or later, sometimes even 8. We haven't changed anything at regarding naps or even structure or anything that I can think of. She doesn't seem like she is pain or discomfort. She is up and laughing and talking, to herself since we don't attempt to interact with her. Anyone else go through this? What did you do to fix it?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At ten months old she should be able to go 10 hours without eating, and the fact that she was before proves that. Is she ok in her room if you do not go in there? It sounds to me like she is just waking up, and maybe having trouble getting back to sleep? My daughter has gone through this a few times. I don't go into her room unless she starts REALLY crying. And I never got her out of her bed. I just stand on the side of her crib, lay her back down and stay with her until she calms down again, then I walk out. You have to let her know that it is bed time, and that she can't get up to play. Good luck!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Maybe shes getting hungry? 10 hours is awhile for a baby to go without eating.

Answer by gemgem at 9:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• She will eat if we try to feed her, but she doesn't seem to want to sleep even after that. And she won't eat an entire bottle. She will eat about two, then get bored and try to play.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Is she walking? If a baby has started crawling, standing or walking they will go through a stage of not sleeping as well as before. I have read this stage will pass. Babies have funny sleeping patterns. Oh and the person have said "sleeping like a baby" must not have had a baby : )
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• my baby did that. i stayed up & played with her til she passed that stage & slept again. who can complain about a happy, playful baby? =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• She is crawling well, and she is trying to stand. If I just leave her in the crib alone, she will cry until she throws up. I can stand next to her crib, but as soon as I walk away, she is screaming again. Her crib is in our room, so she can still see me from her crib.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2008