Have you ever tried WEN - the 'no suds' conditioning shampoo in the infomercials?

Just wondering if it really does get your hair clean, and if it's as gentle as they claim.

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 2:55 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Going suds free and WEN are not the same. From what I read WEN is best used by those with drier hair. If you have oily hair like me, steer clear, it cleanses fine but it's cream so it leaves product on your hair. Again, great for dry, not for oily. Google "WEN reviews". Don't go to the website for the testimonies because they are one sided, look for style and beauty sites that show both sides positive and negative. I was going to order and decided against it, my SIL (whom has extremely dry hair) used it and loved it. I also like the idea of trying a less expensive product.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 10:55 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yup, I used it this morning! And yesterday morning and the morning before that... I started using it last summer and I used it for about 6 months before switching to another salon brand. Now I'm back on it. It works great on hair that tends to get frizzy in the summer. It's pricey, but I have short hair so I don't use much. It doubles as shaving cream (I found out the other day when I ran out of my regular stuff) and it makes my hair incredibly soft. I color my hair and I find this stuff really makes the color last. You just have to rinse it out really well. Some people say it makes their hair limp but I think the majority of people who have issues withlimp hair are not rinsing it out properly. You can but a "sample" pack and try 3-4 different varieties. My fave is the Lavender. I suggest you buy it from QVC rather than the Wen site since it tends to be cheaper and they offer Flex Pay (or whatever it's called).
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

• i have curly hair and i have always heard a shampoo with no suds is better mainly bc it does not strip your hair of its natural oils..i have been looking for one for months to try..so thanks for asking the question and letting me know the name! I will def be looking into it!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:22 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Not too familiar with WEN in particular but if you're looking for a "suds-free" type of product, there are all types of sodium lauryl sulfate-free ones on the market. The SLS in most products is what gives you those suds, though they are also very dangerous/toxic to the body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I started going shampoo free 2 weeks ago. I almost bought WEN but after researching, I found that it is a great product but there are cheaper alternatives. Google "CO washing" and "poo free". I am doing the baking soda and vinegar method but the CO washing sounds just as good. You just have to give your hair time to transition but then it's AWESOME. I would compare WEN to the CO washing method.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:26 PM on May. 20, 2011