Would you be offended?

Okay, so this is my second pregnancy. But with my first, I didn't get a baby shower- my sister who was supposed to give me one (said she would) was angry with me and all that crap- but that is neither here nor there. This time, its being planned. The invites are finally out. And a lot of people who are supposed to be friends are just saying no without any explanation. Would you be offended? Or am I just being pregnant and hormonal? Like, I just dont understand. These are people who I attended their baby shower and we're supposed to be friends. I feel like i'm getting the cold shoulder.

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 3:05 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• not sure what to tell you hun.. especially with the invites already out.. some people feel weird if it's the second kid, which is why a lot of people throw diaper parties instead for a second or third (etc) child. But since you never got one with your first that really stinks. I wish you the best of luck and congrats on the pregnancy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:13 AM on May. 20, 2011

• i would be offended and hurt. Call them and see why they can't come.. is it the day? Did you not give enough notice?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I can see how this would be hurtful, how many do you mean by a lot? If its really bothering you I think you should talk to them about it.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:51 AM on May. 20, 2011

• i can understand being very hurt over not having a shower with the first baby..most of the time ppl dont have showers for the second baby or more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on May. 20, 2011

• The last anon was right. I am having my forth little one and have never had a shower so I understand the want to have one. With that in mind the people you invite do not have to give a reason for not coming and it its probably for various reasons. Hang in there and do not let it get to you. It i's a busy time of year people have plans and some people think having a shower for your second no matter what the reason is tacky.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:08 AM on May. 20, 2011