Why do some people brag all the time about what they have when most of the times they don't have those things at all?

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 4:29 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• People want to be liked, and they want people to think they are doing well for themselves, no matter if they really are or not. I've learned to ignore it. It's kind of sad, really, that people think they have to lie like that in order to have friends, or be popular, or maybe they just want to be envied.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:54 AM on May. 20, 2011

• to make themselves feel better so the other person may admire them if they do not know that particular person very well. Then the excuses come out, and the liar keeps on digging a deeper and deeper hole as to why they can't go there or where ever.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:33 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Think about how young couples are in the army life. right out of high school!! The popularity contest just keeps going because they keep getting new people to compete with. I was an Army wife for 8 years, I hated having to talk to other wives because I never knew what bull would come out of their mouths that I would be forced to smile and nod my head to just to stay out of drama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I have a friend that does that on fb, I remember one time she posted some pictures saying it was her daughters room, everyone was commenting say how beauitful it was. She has both her daughters in her room with her. I think the on;y thing she has was the bedding for her. She does it all the time, she gets mad at me because i call her on it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:28 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Usually it's a low self esteem issue, One person has it so you feel you have to say I have it too, when you really do not, In the old day's it was called keeping up with the Jones
    smile357

Answer by smile357 at 5:41 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Insecurity, because they're compensating in some way for what they may be lacking in their lives.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on May. 20, 2011

• to make themselves feel better so the other person may admire them if they do not know that particular person very well. Then the excuses come out, and the liar keeps on digging a deeper and deeper hole as to why they can't go there or where ever; because they don't want people thinking that they have nothing at all
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:28 AM on May. 20, 2011

• human nature, pure and simple.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:57 PM on May. 20, 2011

• it's very common in the army since we all come from different places with different backgrounds and no one will really know if u are lying unless u look into it. i've sat back watched & listened to people the past 8 yrs in which is how i know so many people tell lies. smh.
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 4:35 AM on May. 20, 2011

• to be honest I used to do it. i always said i had a child at like 14 cause i've wanted one since then. i had my 1st kid at 21 and 2 more kids later. i no longer have to tell that story. now i am 27 i don't lie about my life. in fact if i feel the need to lie it means whatever the lie is about i need to go achieve it so it will be the truth.
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 9:22 AM on May. 20, 2011