What were your pregnancy complications?

List your pregnancy complications. I'll start:
First pregnancy was a clomid pregnancy anemia and preterm labor at 31 weeks - delivered at 38 weeks
second pregnancy - preterm labor at 27 weeks with bedrest and oral meds, anemia, gestational diabetes, post partum onset (3weeks PP) pre-ecclampsia followed by ecclampsia and a mild stroke (also Guillian-Barre syndrome at 2 weeks PP, but that was unrelated to the pregnancy)
Now lets hear what your complications were

nurse_maya

Asked by nurse_maya at 5:46 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had really high blood pressure with my first. it was just towards the end and i was put in the hospital once for it and they were going to take him by c section but it had went down some but i was put on bed rest for the last month. . and with my second nothing. I guess nothing too exciting, I had pretty good pregnancies.
    Sounds like you went through alot though.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:50 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Nothing major for me, hypothyroidism, anaemia, and I think that was it!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:07 AM on May. 20, 2011

• first and only clomid pregnancy,bedrest, eclampsia very high bp, born at 29wk..post pardum, severe anemia, c-section
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:09 AM on May. 20, 2011

• jorjiegirl - how many siezures did you have? do you have lingering problems?
    nurse_maya

Comment by nurse_maya (original poster) at 6:12 AM on May. 20, 2011

• First pregnancy
    Pregnancy gingivities, couldn't wear my contacts, premature labor at 28 weeks, gestational diabetes, bed rest, PUPPP (pruritic uticarial pupules and placques of pregnancy, delivered at 36 weeks.
    Second pregnancy
    Gestational diabetes and Did you know you can get varicose veins in your vajay-jay? That is PAINFUL!!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:19 AM on May. 20, 2011

• yes i did layh - had a friend that had it horribly bad and nothing that can be done about it - not fun!
    nurse_maya

Comment by nurse_maya (original poster) at 6:23 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I had GBS. The test was done during my third trimester. I was given lots of antibiotics during delivery. My son was born with yellow skin our jaundance. The confirm my son was healthy and good reflexes. Unfortunately my son was diagnosed with Autism after a reaction to a vaccine. He literally can't chew his food properly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on May. 20, 2011

• First: miscarriage at 6wks.
    Second: random spotting or heavy bleeding from 6wks to the end of 1st trimester, then miscarriage. Gestational sack was growing, fetal pole was spotted. Never heard a heartbeat.
    Third: DH says he remembers me spotting in early pregnancy, but I guess I blocked that out. Developed Pregnancy Induced Carpel Tunnel Syndrome (didn't even know that could happen! Was told could go away; did not.) towards the end of the second trimester. UTI and other issues of that nature. Gained 72lbs but I guess that's not technically a complication, lol. Horrible water retention and hypertension.
    Fourth: random spotting or heavy bleeding from 6wks to beginning of 2nd trimester, then miscarriage. Gestational sack was growing, fetal pole was spotted. Never heard a heartbeat.
    Fifth: Kidney issues in 3rd trimester. Hypertension. Carpel Tunnel issues.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 8:56 AM on May. 20, 2011