my 4 year old refuses to poop in the potty she will pee in it and wears big girl panties but she will not poop in the potty and i am at my wits end about it what should i do i have tried everything??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am having the EXACT same problem with my son. He will be 4 in September. I have tried reward charts, prizes, crying (fake crying works for everything else with him. lol). It's beyond frustrating and I feel your pain. Someone help us! lol
    Karabeara78

Answer by Karabeara78 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• been there done that... I started a sticker chart and I told her I would reward her with a treat or special time with mom or dad, or a video from that rental place, something like hat.. I change the rewards every week, but she would have to poop more than a couple of times before getting the reward.. she would always ask for a diaper when she had to poop, but once I started the reward chart that all changed, she was motivated by getting something for doing something.. it has worked she no longer wears diapers, but she does go several different times a day so I had to change the sticker to once per day no matter how many times she went... she is a smart girl and learned how to play the system to benefit her....LOL
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 9:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Have her wash her own poopy undies... I know some people will think that's mean, but it worked for my sister. She did that TWICE & didn't have a single accident after that.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Or maybe she thinks ur treating her like a lil kid, even though she is. I think she wants to be treated like a "big kid". So what you do is buy a kids toilet seat for ur toilet put it over it and let her rip. She'll feel like a big kid and u'll have ur poop! everybody wins. She jus wants to do what everybody else does. Dats all. My lil bro's had the same lil issue, I had to step in for my mom. I made them poop in the regular toilet instead of a potty. They fealt great. Try it. It won't hurt. :)
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 12:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• have her "clean it up" maybe that will make her want to poo in pot not in panties. supervise cleaning
    shannon401

Answer by shannon401 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I had that problem, is there a problem at home with her DAD or problems in the home? My 4 year old wouldn't use the potty because of his daddy and 2 weeks away from him with the rewards system, he gets bubbles play time with friends and little treats like choosing breakfast and special time with mommy. he's done and totally trained. Stress is the worst thing for a kid being potty trained, I know that now! Good luck
    bzmommyo3

Answer by bzmommyo3 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2008