How do I know where my placenta is located? could it be in the way?

I know it sounds stupid but I'm 24 weeks pregnant and all the sudden her kicks are VERY light... I can hardly feel them and soemtimes I can't! It's like flutters again... My doctor said she's fine... so could my placenta be in the way of her kicks?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont think so but your doc can tell you
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• The placenta can be in the way of your cervix ( that usually ends in a c-section), and it also can be located in front or back which may cause other things to be different Including feeling baby move........ I guess I found out my own answer
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Always good to educate yourself.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You will be able to find out where your placenta is by an ultrasound. It is not what your baby is inside of it is attatched to the wall of your uterus and is what your baby receives his/her oxygen and nutrients from. The flutters that you are now feeling my just be the baby moving his/her body or arms.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• if you have placenta previa (where it's in the way) the doctors would point it out, you would know!
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Sorry, I read the question wrong! lol I thought you were asking about the uterus being in the way. Best wishes.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008