Do you check your baby?

When I put my son down after a while Iwalk over to him and poke him or kiss him (hes hates kisses there noisey) to make sure hes still breathing and alive, do you do this?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• my children are 26 {my husband}, 5 {my son}, and 3 {my daughter} and I still get up and check on them numerous times during the night. And yes as crazy as it sounds I check on my husband too. Sometimes one of us will either fall asleep on the couch or lay down with the kids and fall asleep and I will wake up and when I check up on the kids , I just check on my husband too.
    SuprMom12042702

Answer by SuprMom12042702 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I watch her sleep to be sure that she is breathing. I don't have to as much anymore, because she snores a little.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yes!! It used to be much worse than it is now because he is older now (19m) but if he sleeps even 10 minutes longer than normal I go into his room and make sure he is still breathing. I also go in his room at least 2 times in the night (still) to make sure he is breathing and hasn't suffocated my husband and my mom both think I am crazy. However, I always have that "what if" in the back of my mind. And sometimes I just like giving him a little kiss or just seeing his beautiful little angel face :)
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I used to when they were little.

Answer by gemgem at 9:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yes, I did this when my son was an infant. All the time! They go into such a sound sleep, I would always lay my hand on him to be sure he was breathing. Now he's 4 and sometimes when he sleeps a bit later than usual, I'm in his room watching him. I think it's just a Mommy thing.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yep and still do. My oldest is 7 and my youngest is 13 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• MY FIRST BORN WAS LESS THAN 5 POUNDS WHEN I TOOK HER HOME, AND I WAS TOLD THAT THESE TINY BABIES SOMETIMES TEND TO FORGET TO BREATH AND DIE, SO I SLEPT WITH ONE FOOT OR ONE HAND ON TOP OF HER, JUST SO I COULD FEEL HER BREATHING. THIS IS A VERY COMMON PRATICE AMONG MOMS.

Answer by older at 10:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i check on her about 20 mins after she falls asleep & close her door so my/DHs noise doesnt wake her. then i check on her right before i go to bed to make sure she's breathing okay. i also get a good laugh when i check on her b/c shes always all turned around! some how she kicks herself from one side of the crib to the other and facing the other direction.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• when my boys were little i would do this all thru the night esp. after my last one. one time i thought he stopped breathing and i yanked him out of the crib and screamed at my husband that he wasn't breathing.(his crib was beside our bed) but he was fine. scared my husband to death. lets just say the first yr of all their lives i did not get any sleep but i survived.
    jbcmom

Answer by jbcmom at 10:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I did when my daughter was 1st born. I'd get up three or four times a night just to make sure she was okay and covered up.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2008