Are there cereals that you won't allow your child to eat?

My co-worker considered not allowing "cookie crisp" on name alone. do you have feelings on this?

nurse_maya

Asked by nurse_maya at 7:05 AM on May. 20, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yep lots or cereals that my boys aren't allowed to eat. Anything with food coloring or marshmallows. I have allowed cookie crisps though. My feeling it is her kid her choice.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 7:11 AM on May. 20, 2011

• There are a ton on my list that I do not allow. Cookie crisp being one of them. Anything chocolate, those with marshmallows, high in sugar and so on.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:13 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My children are weird. They go for the healthy cereals with out even noticing. Like mini wheats... What kid picks mini wheats lol! Bring on the fruity pebbles!!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:19 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My kids don't eat any cereal, even the so-called "healthy" ones because even those aren't healthy (read the ingredients).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My kids arent big cereal eaters. Mostly they will snack on cheerios as a snack and thats it. I dont ban any cereal from my house either. My kids know better than to eat alot of junk. They were raised vegetarians the first 3-4 yrs of their lives and love veggies, fruits and all of that so they make good choices on their own. That makes it easy for me now that they are older because I can buy "junk" food and they limit themselves.

Answer by gemgem at 7:34 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't buy Cookie Crisp on name alone too. Also the other ones like Count Chocula, etc. But if we were out and it was offered, I'd allow it, I just don't buy it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:35 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Kids do eat cereals at school. But due to my son's allergies. He won't have them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My kids can eat the sugary "bad" cereals, In moderation. They cant sit and scarf a huge bowl, they dont eat 3 or 4 bowls in one sitting. My kids like strawberry special k lol. Thats about as bad as we get.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:44 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I do not buy sugar cereals. She gets them sometimes at friends or relatives. At home, she knows we do not have them and why. Her favorite or most often asked for cereal is Porridge. Porridge to us is old fashioned long cooking oatmeal. She loves it with brown sugar and fresh blueberries.
    I keep reading about all the sugar in raisin bran. But, that is one we keep buying (once a month).
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:48 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I would try to decide on ingredients. If sugar was in the top 4 ingredients it was not allowed. However the grandparents bought all the kinds that kids want and so it was the special treat when we visited for overnights.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:57 AM on May. 20, 2011