Why are some Christians believing the world will end tomorrow? The Bible states we will not know when the Rapture will happen, and anyone who predicts it is a false Prophet. So isn't believing this false prophet hypocritical?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yup, because they don't truly know their bible. I'm kinda getting enjoyment over watching people freak the F out. It's comedy at its finest!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:45 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I dont know anyone who believes it will happen tomorrow. My son is a devout Christian and his church told its members this guy was insane and that no one is going to know when it will happen because the Bible says so. And they are right. All I can think is these might be new baby Christians who dont know the bible well.

Answer by gemgem at 7:46 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I have not met anyone who truly believe it will happen tomorrow. It has made fro some fun questions and articles recently though. Especailly given the whole zombie twist some people are putting on it.

But I agree the Bile says no one will know the day or the hour. Remember all those people who gathered on the top of Stone Mountain a few years back!?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:50 AM on May. 20, 2011

• "Perhaps they're liberal Christians who don't believe in the inerrancy of the Bible."

bahaha, we "liberal" Christians tend to reject these notions of the rapture or second coming altogether, rather than what you're suggesting. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:14 AM on May. 20, 2011

• This also isnt the first doomsday prediction. Here is a list of the top 10 

http://www.livescience.com/7926-10-failed-doomsday-predictions.html

Answer by gemgem at 7:53 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I was amazed to hear there are a few who believe and are selling their homes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:59 AM on May. 20, 2011

• who could buy a home?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:04 AM on May. 20, 2011

• They are a cult. I would hardly call them Christians. They believe so much in this that they ware willing to do it. It is no different than those willing to die for their beliefs. They feel they are right
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:06 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I have seen all the posts about it, but never really saw anyone who seems to truly believe. Well there does seem to be one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 AM on May. 20, 2011

• why sell the house, no one can' take the money  to Heaven. Some people only read what they want to see in the Bible. My old preacher said credit cards were the mark of the beast WAAAAAY back in the 70s and we are still here. If you are saved you don't have tro worry about the second coming you will be one of the first peole to know as you will be standing before God in an instant

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 8:56 AM on May. 20, 2011