I have never been so scared in my life!

I woke up this morning and couldn't find my DD anywhere! She had gotten out of bed somehow. I yelled and look through the whole house and didn't find her, didn't help I couldn't see anything with out my glasses either. I checked the doors all were locked. The bathroom, play room, all the bedrooms nothing and the house was silent my SO ran through also couldn't find her. After I grab my glasses I saw her sitting on the recliner sleeping sitting up with an empty bag of sun chips and a shitty diaper! I have no idea how long she sat there in the dark, or what she could have gotten into. It scared me so bad, I'm keeping the door shut and a gate in the hallway!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh that would be scary!!!!! Glad all is well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on May. 20, 2011

• So sorry for the scare, mama. <3
    dream-catcher

Answer by dream-catcher at 8:12 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Glad she's ok. I'm sure something happens to all of us involving kids that gives us a little scare.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:39 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My girls used to do that on a regular basis. I went and bought them there own recliners (kid sized ones) and placed a small pee pad in the seat. Then they stayed in their rooms and slept in their chairs. Eventually they went back to their beds though.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 9:58 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Wow- that would be scary. I woke up once and my DS was in the bed with me, and in my sleep-garbled mind, I thought he wasn't breathing, and he was cool to the touch! I screamed so loud as I grabbed him and he jumped and yelled, and my DH sprang up on his feet, ready to kick somebody's ass because he thought someone had broken in! lmao
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:08 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Scary, but at least u can laugh it now! But yes I would def put a gate up because next time she could do something that would harm herself! I did that once when I was small, but instead of being found in the recliner my mom found me IN the fireplace, lol, oh kids!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:29 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Oh my lovingmy4babies I did that too when I lived with my mom and it was just my DD and I. She was a newborn like 4 days old and I guess I was dreaming I grabbed her and ran down stairs yelling to my mom there was something wrong with her she said theres nothing wrong shes sleeping go back to bed and I took the baby and went back to sleep. After that she started sleeping in my room for awhile and I woke her up to ask her where her baby was she said dear I don't have a baby your my baby but you do and I said oh yeah what the hell am I talking about and went to sleep. I blame that on being so young lol.

PANZONSMOM- in the fire place! That would scare me too!
    Thanks ladies least I'm not the only one who has crazy kids lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I am glad she is ok. I bet that really scared you Momma.
    myfamilymylife1

Answer by myfamilymylife1 at 1:30 AM on May. 21, 2011