Microfiber cleaning?

Does anyone have a microfiber sofa? If so, do you know how i can clean mine? It's a mess!

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:04 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Check the cleaning label instructions on your sofa. It can be found somewhere underneath it. I've had many a microfiber couch professionally cleaned, & they turned out wonderful. However; dont fall for the "fabric protector" offer most cleaning companies offer you. It's the same as Scotch Guard fabric protector you can buy in the store & do yourself. You want a cleaning method that wont leave your sofa soaked with water. Stay FAR away from the companies you see on TV who offer ridiculously low priced cleaning deals, because their cleaning solutions are so diluted they wont clean anything, & they leave your carpet & furniture soaked.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:00 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Thanks alot
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 9:13 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I use my bissle green machine on mine. just a little biut of cleaning solution and it always looks like new.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 9:46 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Surprisingly it does well in the wash. I just take the covers off. You might also want to look into getting a slip cover once thats all cleaned up. Those go in the wash and drying ...come out just fine :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 9:54 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I have never owned one, but I think the first response was a good one.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:13 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Do you have a carpet cleaner with upholstery attachments? You could try using that. Or when we bought our couch, they told us not to bother with fabric protector because you can just take a cloth and water and clean it out with that.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't have one. We looked at them and decided against because how hard it looked to clean.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:13 AM on May. 22, 2011