Cant get it outta my mind

Ok heres the thing I like watching Nancy Grace..but cant stand to hear and see what happens to these children..im haunted by it every night before I sleep pray every night that these kids with be out of harm way! It breaks,my heart that kids get abused..i find myself crying because of the pain and hurt I feel for these children..but I need to know if im thinking abo it to much? And how I can stop? I know this is the world we live in, but I just cant deal with it anymore, any advice

Princesaof1

Asked by Princesaof1 at 8:19 AM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I suggest taking a break from watching Nancy Grace for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on May. 20, 2011

• If it affects you so personally, you probably shouldn't watch.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:21 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Stop watching Nancy Grace, and get a hobby.

Answer by older at 8:23 AM on May. 20, 2011

• It used to get to me too. My aunt works for the jails in CA and she was the OR probation officer and met with basically every inmate that came in wanting to get out on OR. She asked a friend why are all these kids and innocent people dying?> It didnt seem fair. They told her they believed we all are born knowing our destiny and agree to it in advance. In a childs case if they are killed God takes them before they feel any pain, and their deaths are never in vain. Their deaths touch other lives and maybe make it so next time someone sees a warning sign they will save another child. Like with Zahra Baker. Her case is happening in my county. Since her death our cps office has had alot more calls because people are paying closer attention. So even though she died horribly, her death maybe saved another childs life.

Answer by gemgem at 8:23 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Wasn't enough the replays you got yesterday?
    Sorry but I got to say that posting the same question makes you wonder. At least try to elaborate the same question differently instead of copy and paste it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Some people who suffer from depression tend to take personally what they hear or see happening to others. Have you talk to your doctor about this???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on May. 20, 2011

• become a volunteer in your area. offer to do fun stuff with kids at a children shelter. see if you can come once or twice a week to offer a cooking class, or play games, teach something. you will more than likely make a lasting impression on these kids and this is what matters.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I think you need to take a break from shows like that for a while. I've always watched the news and nancy grace regularly, but during this last pregnancy they showed one too many cases about babies in microwaves and I just had to stop watching them altogether. You know what you can handle, and if this is interrupting your peace of mind then do yourself a favor and change the channel.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 8:55 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I agree with PP, stop watching it. An on a side now, how in the world do you get a negative 188 points here on CM?

Asked by Princesaof1 41 minutes ago in General Parenting

-188 Level 3
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:02 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Thanks girls for the comments!! @older it has nothing to with getting a hobby I actucally have a lot of hobbies..its called having a heart maybe u should get one of those!
    Princesaof1

Comment by Princesaof1 (original poster) at 9:13 AM on May. 20, 2011