Do you believe that divorces are a cause of wives gaining weight?

I know it sounds crazy but men have expressed their di satisfaction in the marriage once the wife has gained weight. Men say that they would never tell to the wife to loose weight because wives should know better that men need the "visual" love.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Refrigerators are the cause.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:52 AM on May. 20, 2011

• No I dont. I think thats just an excuse men use to leave their wives or cheat.

Answer by gemgem at 8:46 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I gained weight because he did nothing to hold our relationship together now that I am in college getting ready to make a movie and going onto film school I am losing weight. I realized I gained weight because food became my friend now I realize I would rather be fit and have sex again so little debby is not my friend anymore.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:58 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Well then still no. I lost 25 lbs when I got divorced last time. I went from a size 10 to a size 5.

Answer by gemgem at 8:51 AM on May. 20, 2011

• In my case, I lost weight.... not because of stress, but because I wanted to look good for ME, I wanted to love ME again. Feelings I did not receive from ex....
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 8:49 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Gaining weight being a cause of divorce...NO, if a man loves a woman, her weight shouldn't be an issue. That is just an excuse to cheat or find another person.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:49 AM on May. 20, 2011

• No I think it's because men's jeans have zippers that they can't seem to figure out how to only use with their wife.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 8:50 AM on May. 20, 2011

• No, I think there are other issues going on, or the guy is not happy in the marriage and wants out, so that is the 1st excuse/reason he can think of..... Plus when he says "because you are fat/gained weight" he can shift the focus off himself and try to pin it on the wife and make the divorce "her" fault instead of his. Thus making wife feel bad and have self-image problems.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:56 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Anon "She didn't ask if weight CAUSES divorce...She asked if divorce causes the weight gain... "

Yes that is what the subject states but read the rest. It contradicts the subject and implies that her question is the opposite and if weight causes divorce.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:02 AM on May. 20, 2011

• If they are then the men in those marriages were pretty much shallow jerks and I would be glad to be rid of them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:58 AM on May. 20, 2011