Asking a man to marry you?

Have you or would you ever ask a man to marry you? I've been with my SO for less then a yr. and I have never been this in love with someone. We live together and it's wonderful. He is not divorced yet, so obviously I would have to wait till that happened. I just have the desire to be his wife...I dont even want a wedding..I just want to be fully his...by law and in God's eyes...He mentioned the future and how we would more then likely be married and have a child of our own..so I know he's open to it...but should I wait and let him ask me in time? Like I said I know I would have to wait at least until he is divorced first. I just find myself wanting to ask him soooo bad...it's hard not too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I wouldn't.

Answer by older at 8:57 AM on May. 20, 2011

• No I would make him ask. He is not even divorced yet.

Answer by gemgem at 9:00 AM on May. 20, 2011

• He's showing you he has no respect for marital vows. So consider that before you jump in it. While you are home with his future child being his future wife, consider him having a future mistress as well. Any man is perfect when he's someone else's dh. He will change when he's a real dh to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on May. 20, 2011

• i would not...

But, i do know a few successful marriages where the woman proposed instead of the man.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:05 AM on May. 20, 2011

• if he had any thoughts of even wanting to be married he would already be divorced
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:05 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Anon...they BOTH decided thier marriage wasn't working. I think it takes courage to addmit something like that and they still get along they just agreed that the couldnt be marrried anymore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 AM on May. 20, 2011

• To be honest if i got divorced i wouldnt want to get married right away even if i was in love i would be afraid and just want to have fun, so i wouldnt ask i would wait for him when and if hes ready he wont be able to wait either.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:09 AM on May. 20, 2011

• they are working on it...he just filed...he addmited they were just being lazy about it because neither was in a relationship at the time..of course...they are leagally seperated...that happened when she applied for medicaid and foodstamps.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 AM on May. 20, 2011

• You are just the other woman or rebound. Why is she on medicaid and food stamps? Is he not paying child support or helping her out? Or is he poor? I have been there myself and I threw my husband out of our home. He refused to give me a divorce but we were legally separated. I filed and he still contested while he was already living with someone else. If a man wants a divorce he will find a way to get one. A friend of mine lied and said he and his wife had been sep a year which is a requirement in our state. He took the papers to his ex and she lied too and signed them. He was officially divorced in 2 weeks time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on May. 20, 2011

• He pays her more in childsupport then he even needs to and he makes great money...they have children a house and other things that will need to be taken care of so it takes longer then 2 wks. She is on medicaid because she is on disibility for her back problems. There was no hurry to get leagally divorced...they are not fighting...he gets his kids whenever he wants them...there was no reason to really start it...it's just paper...they are not IN a marriage anymore...he does not live with her...he lives with me...he doesnt go to her with his problems...he comes to me...he doesnt have sex with her...they are just legally still maried and that is it...just paper.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 AM on May. 20, 2011