Calling the WORLD!

We miscarried last September and that was our only pregnancy in 2 1/2 years. It's been acting up, so we got a test.. I took one this morning and I had a faint positive and it didn't go away. I "wet" the stick and about 2 minutes later, there it was.. I looked again, it was still there and a few hours later it hasn't gone away.!

I'm nervous and scared and I kinda don't want to tell hubby and get him excited.. JUST for the next one to be a negative. I ALSO don't want another miscarriage.

I need words of comfort :(. Thoughts and advice...

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 9:07 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Good luck!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:24 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Congrats! And good luck!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:44 AM on May. 20, 2011

• If there's no mistaking the positive result go to your OB for confirmation. Also ask him/her to check your hormone levels. If progesterone is low, ask for a supplement. Wait another day or so b4 testing again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:09 AM on May. 20, 2011

• No mistaking it because it wasn't there, so it wasn't a faint line that I had to MAKE myself see. I sat it down, finished looked and nothing and looked again a minute later and there is was pretty in blue. I thought I was seeing things so I looked away and then looked back and it was still right there pretty in blue! I'm like okay, i'm going back to bed (it was 4:30 am that I took it), and if it's still there when I wake up for the day, i'll check again.. and it's STILL there.. before we call the OB, we're going to test again because i'm scared it's a fluke :(.. But how far along would that make me? I had my regular flow at the beginning of the month, and if I JUST got preggo, it would be too early to tell still.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Go get a blood test.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:50 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Take another test..you might want a digital test just to be positive
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:36 PM on May. 20, 2011