For Realz...

Do you lie to your mom?

ABeaverhausen

Asked by ABeaverhausen at 9:07 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Ha. I didn't really need a serious question, but thanks!

Yes, I lie to my mom all the time. We're going through a rough patch as far as our relationship goes, because she had an affair and is currently living with her boyfriend. Despite all of that, I still don't want to intentionally hurt her, so I lie. I lie about whether or not I'll be in town (when I go see my Dad), I lie about whether or not I can come over (I could, but I reallllllllllly don't want to), I "lie" when I pretend to be happy when I go out to dinner with her and her boyfriend. I lie when I pretend not to see the rock on her left hand, the one that she wears backwards like I'm some kind of moron.

Lots of lying! I think maybe I'm just a coward, but I lie to keep the peace for my kids. If I didn't have them, I wouldn't bother.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:27 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Depends on your definition of lying. I used to tell her everything but she is a little self absorbed and turns things upside down to make them about her. I decided years ago to omit things. I am not really lying but if I am having a bad week because one of my kids did this or that and she calls I tell her everything is fine.

Answer by gemgem at 9:10 AM on May. 20, 2011

• no. When i was a teen....yes...but eventually, when she accepted me as an adult. i stopped. i don't see a need to lie to my mom. She knows everything.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on May. 20, 2011

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Sometimes as a kid, she's passed away now.......so no.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:10 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I am all grown up. No reason to lie to my mom.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:17 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My mom always told me that lying to her was a waste, because she could tell when I was telling the truth. I believed her.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:22 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't lie to her ,but I just don't tell tell her everything , because she doesn't take bad news very well. I would love to be able to tell her everything though, both the good and the bad, but her heart won;t take the bad.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:25 AM on May. 20, 2011

• PS, I won't tell her everthing is great either if its not. I'll say yeah, it's going ok. But it could go a little better,.and explain that to her in a very careful way., that she may be able to take. and by not maKIng it sound that bad.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:29 AM on May. 20, 2011

• More omitting certain details than lying.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:06 AM on May. 20, 2011