I can't believe what I saw this morning......

I was driving this morning on the TurnP. and saw a billboard saying to mark my calendar for the end of the world was on Saturday. It was from a Church of God. What kind of crap is this?

Don't they know that only GOD knows the end of time! If they read their Bible it clearly says that only God hold's the day of the end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• they are most likely going door to door to get your faith to come into church; to give your money so the preacher can have a vacation or a brand new car or to support a gambling habit. Preachers that do that kind of thing,--

no, they don't. a very few weirdos may, but preachers in general do not. there's always a few bad apples in any group. thanks for generalizing..er, sharing your opinion, though.

its fun to joke about, but there are a lot of misinformed poeple sucking this up like water on a sponge. from my understanding of 'after rapture'..things aren't going to be peachykeen for those left behind. i don't believe its happening, and i don't hold any truth to a 'rapture' (with my understanding of scripture), but anything's possible..i could be wrong.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:43 AM on May. 20, 2011

• i have never seen the billboards in person, but i know they exist.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:13 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Yeah its all over the internet and cafemom.

Answer by gemgem at 9:14 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I saw it on my way to Austin a week ago.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:14 AM on May. 20, 2011

• It's really sad that they are going to that kind of scare tactic to convert people. )c: I agree, if you read the Bible you will find where it clearly says NO ONE but God knows when the end will happen.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I'm part of the FB group that's going to go looting after everyone leaves from "rapture". You should join it, based on the # of people who joined we will have access to a lot of pretty awesome stuff that's left behind.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 9:17 AM on May. 20, 2011

• haha, yeah its been all over CM. it's probably been the most talked about thing here for a while now...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:27 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I dont think its a scare tactic. I think the guy is really just insane. You know there are people out there who truly believe that God talk to them. If someone takes them seriously this is the result. I bet the guy is really schizophrenic.

Answer by gemgem at 9:18 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Wow seriously? Wow if God doesn't know this He's going to be pissed!
    ILoveAsherAthan

Answer by ILoveAsherAthan at 9:18 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Well if the rapture happens tomorrow I won't be around to loot, but you can have my TV.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on May. 20, 2011