Anyone in here run a daycare from home??

Starting my home daycare and need help organizing and promoting my daycare...Any Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I run a daycare out of my home. You can put up flyers at your childrens' school, in the local supermarket, and spread the word through family and friends. You can also put an add in Craigs List. I try and keep my children's special toys put up so that they arent ruined, and there are also some areas the daycare kids arent allowed. We also do a "clean sweep" of the house and yard before the kids leave. (about a half-hour before pickup time). Good Luck!!!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 11:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Always check with your city. My daughter wanted to go from a family daycare to a group daycare and the state of MI now requires permission from the city. She was denied and I asked why if it wasn't allowed were there already 23 in the city. Now because I am an idiot and didn't realize how political the city was I may have gotten all those people shut down and for most that is their only income. I feel horrible about it since the state didn't used to require permission from the cities and most were unaware they were even in violation of the code. I started an awful mess.. People that have been open for years may lose their income and the city may not budge, I've never been involved in politics before but what a mess.
    younggramma40

Answer by younggramma40 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2009