meds for depression

Does anyone else take them? which ones? and do they work for you? I am thinking about talking to my doctor about going on them...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, I used Lexapro for a year during a wild rough patch. It so got me thru it, and helped me in my relationships with my kids. I wasn't all moody all the time so I was a better parent. I came off it and went on with life. so overall a good experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I take Zoloft, it helps normally but lately not so much. I lost a very close friend to stupidity back in October. I called him dad and I am having a really hard time dealing.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 11:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i take celexa it works great for me but you need to talk to your dr everyone is differnt what works for me might not work for you.

kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I refuse to take the meds the doctors want to prescribe for me. I can't see me taking them on a consistent basis so why should I bother? I did find that using the over the counter supplement 5-htp helps me tremendously. My friend told me he uses it as well and swears by it. I'm not a doctor and cannot prescribe anything but I can vouch that this stuff works for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• anyone take cymbalta before?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I was having trouble sleeping and they put me on Remeron...I slept! But was hung over in the morning and had a hard time getting my motor running. It will also make you gain weight if you are not careful. It makes you have a sweet tooth in the evening about the size of Nebraska!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2008