Breastfeeding Baby Doll

I exclusively breastfeed... but I find some things about this a bit odd... but before my thoughts are out about this...

What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.thingamababy.com/baby/2009/07/babyglutton.html

demonstration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYoZVroBZs

-lovingliam-

Asked by -lovingliam- at 9:18 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I just can't wrap any good sense around this thing. It's all about money.....
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:20 AM on May. 20, 2011

• God forbid baby dolls teach anything about how nature intends for us to feed our babies. Breast feeding isn't sexual. It's feeding your baby. That's what breasts are for.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:20 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I dont think anything. My granddaughter pretends to breastfeed her dolls already, so did my dd when she was younger. I think it is natural and nothing to think badly about. I personally would not get a special doll for it. My girls seem fine with any ole doll.

Answer by gemgem at 9:20 AM on May. 20, 2011

• i personally see nothing wrong with it, and i think it's sad when we live in a world where little girls feel more comfortable breastfeeding a doll than grown women do breastfeeding an infant.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:21 AM on May. 20, 2011

• It's cute and I don't have a problem with it. I just don't think I would ever buy my kids a doll that cries- too noisy. And the shirt cover is a bit odd to me. At first I thought it was a cover- then I saw the flower spots. I do not think I would buy this doll for my kid. They can pretend w the ones they already have.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:38 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Can't we just get a regular doll and buy a kid size sling? My 2yo nurses his barbie and his mini bus driver. For now, that will do.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:48 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My daughter already pretends to nurse her dolls:)
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 9:50 AM on May. 20, 2011

• ok seriously, new topic please....MOVE ON..this topic has been debated here for over a month. it's a stupid idea, it's way too adult...and to the ones who say "it's natural" sex is natural too but do you see them making dolls that teach kids how to have sex? no!! why? cause it's adult!!! so is this, kids should be kids, not moms in training
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:52 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I have mixed feelings on the doll-- I think it is good that they want to promote breastfeeding and I can see the concept of the doll... BUT I don't like the halter top with flowers and I don't like how the baby is noisy-- slurping, crying and burping. I don't know what the cost would be in US $, but it sounds like it could be expensive. I have sons, not daughters... but if I did have daughters I don't think I would buy this for my child... as little girls can play pretend breastfeeding with whatever dolls they already have... you don't need a special doll to do that.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:54 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I agree with momofone725 - just because something is natural does not mean that it's something for kids. Sex is a perfect example of this. Breasts do not have to be sexual, but they can be and to me this is further encouraging our kids to grow up too fast.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:11 AM on May. 20, 2011