I want to ask doctor but i am afraid too..

I am currently on depression medication and i am wanting to ask my doctor about adding a mood stabilizer to it. My depression is much better, but i stil bet irritated easily. But I don't know if a regular physician can prescribe mood stabilizers or not. And i dont want to waste my money by going. It is 80 dollars just for the visit. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Health

• Can you call the doctor's office and ask if the prescribe it??
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:22 AM on May. 20, 2011

• How did you talk to him about asking for depression meds? I'd use that same approach. Also, how have you learned about mood stabilizers? Has a friend used them and had good results? You could just tell him that you want to try them out for awhile to see if they help.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:23 AM on May. 20, 2011

• After having Breast Cancer , I have found the best way to talk to any DR. Is by just saying what you think straight out!! It's best not to beat around the bush!! If you feel you need it then you probaly do and they won't prescribe it unless you tell them youwant it!!
    pamdolen

Answer by pamdolen at 9:35 AM on May. 20, 2011

• They will probably require and office visit to add new medications. They have to review symptoms and whatnot to make sure they are giving you the best treatment.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 9:53 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I would just talk openly with the Doc. That's what I had to do when I was diagnosed with depression, and then later, when I felt the meds were not working to their full potential and were messing with my sex life like crazy.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:39 AM on May. 20, 2011

• a psyche is a better choice. What if it's not just depression? You need a full history from someone who is specially trained in diagnosing MI
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:34 AM on May. 20, 2011