Is any of this end of the world crap going on in your childs school? are your kids scared?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:31 AM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• not that i have heard.....both dd's are wraped up in the goings on of the local fair because of FFA/4-H stuff and ds's school is focus on doing an earth day.......other than the internet and the ocassional talk show on tv hasnt been and issue around here that i'm aware of...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:35 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My 6 yr old and 11 yr old havent mentioned it. My 17 yr old has mentioned it. He is a very devout Christian and was talking to me about how this guy was wrong, and how it has been talked about in school and at church. He is not worried though. He is strong in his faith.

Answer by gemgem at 9:36 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Nope, we homeschool and our kids know about the crackpots that keep touting the end of the world, but they don't deal with it at school.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:42 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I am still waiting for the tidal wave to hit New York from the 60's !! Tell your kids it is not something to worry over!! otherwise they will spend their lifetime worring over nothing!! People have been predicting the end of the world since Christ's Time !! It has not happened yet! And according to the bible you and no one else will know when it's coming!!
    pamdolen

Answer by pamdolen at 9:43 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I think it's a running joke at my son's High School, hell it's a running joke in this house lol. My daughter goes to a charter school and it's small, so I don't think she's even aware of it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:06 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My child attends a parochial school. They are not discussing the end of the world with the kids.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

• No, thank goodness. My 8 year old gets really overexcited about things like this, and I've been trying to shield her as much as I can. Thankfully so have the people at the school.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:49 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My kids haven't mentioned it but they wouldn't believe that stuff anyway. They saw the movie 2012 (many times) and didn't believe that either.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:10 AM on May. 20, 2011