How long after your kid(s) were born did you really want to have sex again?

It's been 7 months since our twins were born & with 3 other children from 7-7mo. twins I just don't want to have sex. Plus I had my tubes tied & now I really don't trust it. The doctor did a c-sec, took both babies out, tied my tubes (or whatever they do burn cut) & stappled me back up in 20 mintues (I was back in recovery room) I do not want anymore kids & I am still scared I could. Is This crazy?

StacieBerry

Asked by StacieBerry at 9:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• No its not crazy and completely understandable!
    My husband had a vasectomy but I don't trust it, I don't want anymore kids myself and afraid. So your not alone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• It is understandable, not crazy at all. I am sure it will take time before you start to feel comfortable with the procedure. My husband had a vasectomy 2 months after our daughter was born because we didn't want anymore children and now she is almost 2 and I have changed my mind and want another really bad...life is crazy.
    Susan0976

Answer by Susan0976 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I keeply understand your feelings. I had my tubes tied after having my 7th baby. I was afraid to have sex and thinking if the procedure didn't work. I didn't not want to get pregnant again. I called my friend who's a doctor and she said whenever I feel up to it I can have sex. The procedure is affective right away. So their is no chance of getting pregnant.
    lupe7

Answer by lupe7 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I was told by my doctor that there is always that tiny chance of getting pregnant after a tubal, but if you have it done with your c-section they method they use then reduces that tiny chance even more.

I do understand how you feel. I had a tubal with my last baby 6 months ago and I am still always on pins and needles when it's time to start my period.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• first child several months [which funny enough ended with me being pregnant again] after the second child I was a little apprehensive and it took about a year to bounce back [especially with breastfeeding and all!]
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• NEVER! Having sex makes babies! LOL I think that it was around a month or two...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008