What to do on a date, that's not a date?

There is a man I am interested in.....I want to take it slow, and be friends for a while before any smoochie woochie, if you know what I mean. Sounds goofy, but really, sometimes I take things too fast. I want change!

So.........What could we do that doesn't yell out DATE?! No kids allowed though, (he is a single Dad). Suggestions? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Find an activity like bowling. This way your in a very public place, you have to concentrate on the game and not so much each other. if not bowling, just something that keeps both of you busy.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• what would you do with your female friends? Go to a festival, take a one night cooking class or one day boating class, have him help you shop for xmas, volunteer to help for some cause.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I dated a man for most of the summer (although we refused to ever call them "dates"). We both joined a group who we have common interests with and did group acitivies together. We also went to the comedy club, bowling, and to a couple of fairs.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Could you talk to him about it? Could you explain that you don't want to rush anything (because of past experiences) and you'd like to get to know him more as a friend first?
    I think you're doing the right thing y the way. I always try to be friends before getting involved with a guy- it's less messy that way if it turns out we aren't good together. I really think it just changes the energy of the situation. No akwardness, no pressure to be anything but yourself, no feelings getting hurt you're not clicking...
    esr

Answer by esr at 1:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yes, I really don't know him at all yet. I can't even say I'm interested yet. We havea mutual friend, and we work out at the same health club. I have been introduced to him a few times, and he thought I was cute, and I feel the same way about him. So I'm a single mom, just trying to get my butt out there! He is a single Dad, seems to have potential! I think bowling might be fun, but the alley here is kinda hokey and filled with punk kids. We both ride motorcycles too, so that's an idea, although it is a little cold out!
    Anonymous